recipes we love!
DELICIOUS BONE BROTH
`Magic Elixir’, `Hot Skelton Water’ or `Liquid Gold’ are all ways of describing a nourishing and delicious bone broth. It’s not only tasty it’s extremely good for you, it’s high in protein, calcium, vitamins, nutrients, healthy fats, amino acids and it’s good for your skin, your joints, and your gut health. When we make our bone broth the goal is to extract, the minerals and nutrients and collagen and the amino acids from the bones, add herbs, aromatics, vegetables, sea salt, boil, and then simmer for up to 48 hours. This is the short version, if you join our newsletter this month you can download our full guide for free.
24 - 48hrs
10 -14 cups
1.5kg organic bones
2 chickens feet or pig’s trotters
8 tbsps of raw organic apple cider vinegar
1 organic onion
2 large organic carrots
3 ribs of organic celery
4 litres of filtered water
Fine mesh sieve
1 half of organic garlic
1 bunch of chopped parsley
4 sprigs of thyme
4 sprigs of oregano
2 tbsp. organic sea salt
A handful of organic peppercorns
2 tbsp. of organic raw apple cider
1 tbsp. organic turmeric powder
1 tbsp. turmeric
1 tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
1. Let your bones soak for 20 minutes in the water and vinegar.
2. Add your vegetables
3. Take to a vigorous boil and then turn down to a simmer.
4. Skim off the scum during the first half-hour, cook for 24 - 48 hours
5. Half an hour before the end of your cooking time add the aromatics.
6. Sieve the broth and decanter it into glass jars and keep refrigerate for up to 7 days or freeze.
HALLOUMI BUDDHA BOWL
A Buddha bowl sometimes called a nourish bowl is essentially a simple, one-bowl meal, typically vegetarian or vegan that includes rice, legumes, fresh vegetables, and plant proteins. Often they are served cold, but we enjoy a warm version with lovely roasted veg and delicious quinoa. Full of variety and colour you’ll not be disappointed and perfectly balanced nutritionally. The Buddha bowl isn’t quite complete without ripe avocado, which we’ll dress up with toasted seeds, nuts, and flaky sea salt crushed black pepper. We will leave the dressing to your choice but a squeeze of lemon is just gives it that zing we love!
4 slices of Halloumi
1 organic sweet potato sliced
1/2 sliced organic courgette
1 sliced organic avocado
1 cup of cooked organic quinoa
A spoonful of organic pickled red onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp organic cumin
1 tsp of organic coriander
A good pinch of organic sea salt
A good pinch of organic pepper
1 sprinkle of organic mixed seeds
Small handful of organic almonds
Squeeze of lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4.
2. Wash and prep all the ingredients.
3. Toss the sweet potato slices and courgettes in the olive oil and spices and lay them out on a baking tray.
4. Sprinkle on 1tsp salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
5. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, tossing twice.
6. Add the courgettes, and check the oil is sufficient and toss together, then cook until the sweet potato is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
7.Remove from the oven to cool and heat the quinoa.
8. Fry the halloumi a couple of minutes on each side is all it needs! You still want it to be soft, not totally crispy. Eat the halloumi within 5 minutes or so of cooking it – if you leave it to cool, it will become a little more rubbery.
9. Start to build your bowl starting with the quinoa then potatoes and work your way around the bowl.
10. Add a squeeze of lemon, herbs from your garden, and a dressing of your choice.
OVERNIGHT GLOW OATS
We have spent this month looking into how we can boost our collagen and this recipe is a great way to start your day. We have added lots of nutritional supplements we have packed it all in to give you maximum impact to try it and get the glow back into our skin. Overnight oats are so simple to make and yummy, it's a great habit to get into and saves you heaps of time in the morning.
⅔ cup organic rolled oats
1 scoop of organic vanilla protein
2 tsp. organic spirulina powder
1 tbsp. organic chia seeds
1 cup unsweetened organic plant-based milk
2 scoops of organic marine collagen
1 cup of any fresh berries
1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
1. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, protein, spirulina, and chia.
2. Add plant-based milk and stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. Split the mixture into two glass jars, cover, and store in the fridge overnight.
4. Stir in 1 scoop of collagen for an extra boost.
5. Top with any kind of berries, and sprinkle with coconut flakes.